Heather has been a member of Lakeshore for over 40 years. With war raging in Europe, her thoughts returned to her childhood days in London in the 1940s – where she sees certain parallels. Cities destroyed, people fleeing, mothers clutching their children, fathers and brothers joining the armed forces to rid their country of a pernicious enemy – led by a charismatic leader.
It never occurred to her at the time – and for many years after – that this experience had ‘affected’ her in any way – but of course it did. She will talk about children caught up in war.
- Service Leader – Paul Sullivan
- Musician – Kerry-Anne Kutz
- Zoom host – Gary Spiller
- Refreshments – Milda Graham
- In-church greeter – Nancy Graham
- On-line greeter – Nancy Schmidt