The Lakeshore Unitarian Universalist Congregation has been a presence on the West Island since 1953. We are a community of brave, curious, and compassionate thinkers and doers. We strive to correct injustice, assist the disadvantaged, and champion the inherent worth and dignity of all people.
We are a welcoming, multi-cultural and multi-generational community. We endeavour to create an atmosphere of respect toward others and to pursue progressive ideals. We seek to nourish fellowship, dialogue and mutual respect, and to explore and develop intellectually, ethically and spiritually together.
We need not think alike to love alike. We are people of many beliefs and backgrounds: people with a religious background, people with none, people who believe in a God, people who don’t, and people who let the mystery be.
On the forefront of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer inclusion for more than 40 years, we are people of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
Come and join in our Sunday celebrations or services and stay for coffee/tea and conversation afterwards. If you have children, bring them too as we offer childcare and learning programs for children and youth during the Sunday service.
Our services include songs, readings, a moment to share joys and sorrows, and a diversity of talks given by invited ministers, lay speakers and our own members. From time to time, services incorporate holiday celebrations, multigenerational plays, and longer musical performances.
We also offer many activities: Choir (Lakeshore Community Choir), Children’s Programs (like our “Little Maestros” – a non-religious musical initiation activity for preschoolers and their parents), Support to our members, Social Action, and more.
We welcome you: your whole self, with all your truths and your doubts, your worries and your hopes. Join us on this extraordinary adventure of faith.
Who we are:
- We endeavour to create an atmosphere of respect toward others and to pursue progressive ideals. We strive to nourish fellowship, dialogue and mutual respect.
- We are diverse in faith, ethnicity, history, spirituality and sexual orientation, but aligned in our desire to make a difference for the good of our communities.
- We warmly welcome everyone to our Sunday Services, in-person or online. To join our online Services, please send a request for the Zoom link to email@example.com
- Our Sunday Services include music, readings, a moment to share joys and sorrows, and a diversity of talks.
- We host social events, namely our Cafés.
- We also offer other services to the community at large – Click on the “Ceremonies” banner for more information.
- Nous nous engageons de nourrir la camaraderie, le dialogue et le respect mutuel.
- Nous sommes divers par notre foi, notre origine ethnique, notre histoire, notre spiritualité et notre orientation sexuelle, mais nous nous rejoignons dans notre désir de faire la différence pour le bien de nos communautés.
- Nous accueillons chaleureusement tout le monde à nos services du dimanche, en personne ou en ligne. Pour participer à nos services en ligne, veuillez envoyer une demande de lien Zoom à firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nos services du dimanche comprennent de la musique, des lectures, un moment de partage des joies et des peines, et une diversité de discours.
- Nous organisons des événements sociaux, notamment nos cafés.
- Nous proposons également d’autres services à l’ensemble de la communauté – Cliquez sur la bannière “Cérémonies” pour plus d’informations.