Founded just over thirty years ago, by Father Emmett Johns, nicknamed ‘Pops,’ the organization Dans la rue holds out a helping hand to homeless youth. Funded 95 % by private donations, Dans la rue offers an integrated approach to the multiple needs of these youth:
- Its famous food van, la Roulotte, run entirely by volunteers
- An emergency shelter, the Bunker
- Its Day Center offering various social, educative and family services
- Seventeen housing units backed by community support
Currently, Dans la rue has over 65 employees and over one hundred volunteers. Myrlande Myrand manages the staff running these various programs.
- Service leader – Irene Hausknost
- Musician – Kerry-Anne Kutz
- Hospitality – Susan Czarnocki & Annelise Ogle
This service is followed by a potluck lunch. Please bring healthy and tasty dishes to share. Potluck crew – Paul Sullivan, leader, with Toni, Margaret, Rob and Monique.