Some argue that action is more important, that endless discussions leading nowhere are useless. Others counter that reactive actions, not thought through, can end up hardening people in their positions rather than effecting any real change.
While I agree with both these statements, I believe that the exclusivity of action and contemplation is a false dichotomy: action and contemplation can work together, each leading to the other. In my talk I outline the four stages of what I call The Mystical Way, a way which undulates between action and contemplation.
- Service Leader – Paul Sullivan
- Musicians – Kerry-Anne Kutz & Mike Cartile
- Zoom host – Margaret Godbeer
- On-line greeters – Usha Thorne & Nancy Schmidt (J&S)
- In-church greeters – Caitlin Berry (VaxiCode) & Christopher Thomson