The Lakeshore Unitarian Universalist Congregation has been a presence on the West Island for over half a century. As a spiritual community, we gather to welcome, reflect, meditate, discuss and share. Whatever your origins, whatever your identity, whatever your faith, whomever you love — at LUUC, you are welcome!
We are a welcoming, multi-cultural religious community. We endeavour to create an atmosphere of respect toward others and to pursue progressive ideals. We seek to nourish fellowship, dialogue and mutual respect, and to explore and develop intellectually, ethically and spiritually together.
We strive to correct injustice, assist the disadvantaged, and champion the inherent worth and dignity of all people.
We warmly welcome visitors to our on-line services. Please send an email request for the service’s Zoom link to firstname.lastname@example.org or simply put your request in the Comment section below.
When our on-site services eventually resume, you will be able to stay for coffee/tea and conversation afterwards. If you have children, bring them too as we offer childcare and learning programs for children and youth during the Sunday service.
Our services include songs, readings, a moment to share joys and sorrows, and a diversity of talks given by invited ministers, lay speakers and our own members. From time to time, services incorporate holiday celebrations, multigenerational plays, and longer musical performances.
Lakeshore Unitarian Universalist Congregation’s has many activities. Find something that appeals to you. For instance:
- Choir: If you can sing, add your voice to the Lakeshore Community Choir.
- Children’s program: contribute to the spiritual explorations programs for children and youth.
- Caring Committee: supporting our members needing assistance.
- Social Action: reach out to make the world a better place, fighting injustice and environmental degradation.
- Little Maestros – Petits maestros : a non-religious musical initiation activity for pre-schoolers and their parents.
Lend your spirit and voice to nurturing this community.
The Lakeshore Unitarian Universalist Congregation is a member of the Canadian Unitarian Council.
To learn more about our community, contact us by leaving a reply in the Comment section below.